The best part of a busy day is knowing you are capping it off with a calming atmosphere and some personalized pampering. From the moment I walked through the doors at Damara Day Spa, I knew I was escaping my world to relax in theirs.
After what appeared to be a very busy day, my spa guru, Sarah, greeted me a warm and welcoming smile. We spoke for a while about the condition of my skin, the products I use and my facial history. After that, I was eased into my personalized premium spa experience.
What Sarah exposed me to was a Vivescence facial with added NuFace Microcurrent Treatment. To simplify, it was an hour and a half vacation for my skin. And it was divine.
To break it down, the following was included:
- Skin treatment with cleansing milk.
- Application of perfect glow exfoliant, which rested on my skin while I had to “endure” a scalp massage. After that was complete, the exfoliant was gently massaged into my skin to help soften it.
- Warm towels were used to remove the exfoliant and relax my skin (this was bliss, I must say).
- Sweet Massage Cream was then applied to declotte and provide a facial massage.
- As if that wasn’t enough, a gel primer was added before using the NuFace Microcurrent on my skin (this was a new experience for me so I wasn’t sure what to expect).
- During the SOS mask, I was treated to an arm and hand massage (YES…YES…YES)
- She wrapped up with a serum, eye cream and a facial moisturizer.
My skin felt fresh and rejuvenated. A service that especially pleased me was how Sarah sat with me afterward and reviewed my treatment as well as some home care tips. I was even provided a light Jane Iredale mineral makeup application.
Of course I left the spa feeling amazing. I just had a facial. What surprised me the most about this treatment is how I still feel, one week later. I am amazed at how good my skin feels. I am amazed at how even the tone is. I am amazed at how soft and plump it is. Every single time I apply make-up or examine my skin in the mirror, I am impressed by this treatment.
This is a treatment I will most definitely be seeking out again and I would highly recommend it to anyone whose skin is in need of a little pick-me-up. As Coco Chanel once said, “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty, but it’s up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.”